To relieve pain and inflammation in the throat, simply mix warm water and salt and gargle for 10 minutes.
Nature never ceases to surprise us: it offers us an infinite number of remedies to satisfy all our daily needs. For example, you will surely have water and salt in your house, so read on!
You will be happy to know that with water and salt you have a fantastic ally for the health of your skin, eyes and to treat annoying canker sores in the mouth .
Mixing water and salt is a remedy as ancient as it is useful that your grandparents certainly already knew, so we invite you to continue the tradition and reap all the possible benefits from this remedy.
In this regard, we want to tell you about 6 wonderful uses of water and salt that will be of great help.
1. Water and salt to get rid of dandruff
There are many people who suffer from an annoying problem called dandruff. If you also have dandruff, you may have noticed that the anti-dandruff shampoos for frequent use on the market do nothing but dry out the hair .
Is there an alternative? The answer is a salt and water remedy. Furthermore, we invite you to take note and then try it out for yourself and test its effectiveness for yourself.
- 5 tablespoons of salt (50 g)
- 3 drops of tea tree oil
- 500 ml of warm water
- Start the treatment on dry hair by pouring 50 grams of salt on your hands; then, massage vigorously all over the scalp. This way the salt will be absorbed by the skin.
- Then pour the 3 drops of tea tree oil into half a liter of warm water and wet your hair. Leave on for 15 minutes, rinse and apply a good conditioner.
- Finally, the ideal is to repeat the treatment once a week.
2. Water and salt to combat puffy eyes
Did you stand up with tired, swollen and inflamed eyes? Don’t worry: there is a surefire remedy that, in addition to being very simple to prepare, is cheap. Take note:
- ½ glass of water (100 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of table salt (10 g)
- a cotton cloth
- 1 Teaspoon
- Heat 100 ml of water making sure it does not boil. It is sufficient that the water is lukewarm. Then add the 10 grams of salt and let them dissolve.
- The next step? Dampen the cotton cloth in water and salt and apply it to your eyes for several minutes, soaking it again from time to time.
- Finish the treatment with a very simple step. Put the spoon in the freezer for a few minutes and then place it on the dark circles for a few seconds. Your gaze will appear rejuvenated.
3. Water and salt against canker sores in the mouth
Mouth ulcers usually appear due to a lack of vitamin B12 and / or iron, a lowering of the immune defenses or even simple genetic factors; in fact they are a common problem, usually solved with drugs or other treatments.
Try a different remedy next time: rinse with water and salt after brushing your teeth, without swallowing the water . If you do this 3 times a day, the canker sores will heal faster.
4. Water and salt to heal infected wounds
Before resorting to disinfectant or hydrogen peroxide, we advise you to try water and salt. It can heal any wound or infection.
You just have to wash the wound with warm water and salt, making sure you cover the entire area . Repeat, therefore, 3 times a day and you will see that the inflammation will be reduced by the next day.
5. Water and salt against swollen feet
Did you arrive home with tired and swollen feet ? No problem, as in less than half an hour you will immediately feel better. In this case, you will only need water, salt and a basin for a relaxing and effective foot bath.
- A basin with warm water
- 2 ½ tablespoons of coarse salt (25 g)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda (5 g)
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- You have to heat the water, making sure it doesn’t boil. Add the salt, baking soda and lavender essential oil, mixing everything well.
- Then continue with the next step, placing your feet in the basin and enjoy a more than relaxing foot bath for 20 minutes.
6. Water and salt to treat sore throats
Since a sore throat is as painful as it is destabilizing, here is a remedy for the problem . In fact, the sore throat makes you speechless, it is often accompanied by fever and fatigue that is very common in the cold months. So what can be done?
There are many doctors who recommend gargle with water and salt. Helps treat infections and help heal the sore throat that usually accompanies an allergy , cold or flu.
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of table salt (5 g)
Add the salt to the glass of water and mix well; then, drink some, without ingesting it, and gargle for 10 minutes.
Repeat the treatment 3 to 4 times a day and you will notice that, little by little, you will feel much better. These salt and water remedies are worth trying!