Apple cider vinegar is a great product for digestive health. It can help relieve constipation, improve digestion and promote weight loss.
Have you ever heard of the benefits of a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar a day ? If you still don’t know, this product is not only useful for salad dressing.
In this article, we talk about the benefits of a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar a day. Take note!
The preparation of apple cider vinegar
Vinegar is prepared through a long process of fermentation of certain carbohydrates such as grapes, potatoes, apples and beets.
It is a slow and long process, the purpose of which is to preserve the bioactive components such as acetic acid, gallic acid, catechins and caffeic acid.
The goal is to make sure that apple cider vinegar has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
- When the fermentation time is long, the apple cider vinegar develops a sort of “spider web”, which gives it a cloudy appearance.
- Nonetheless, this indicates that it is of good quality, ideal for taking.
However, it is usually filtered and pasteurized so that its appearance is as clear as what we usually buy in the supermarket.
1. It is an alkalizing drink
This means that it is ideal for reducing the body’s acidity and promoting optimal health.
In addition, taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar helps prevent serious diseases such as cancer.
Do not forget that a diet rich in fat, salt and similar foods can make the pH of the body acidic, which favors the proliferation of harmful microorganisms.
2. Promotes digestion
Taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar calms and relieves the symptoms of slow or heavy digestion, flatulence and abdominal distension. It also reduces the sensation of acidity and heartburn.
- It is a good idea to take this remedy after a heavy meal to avoid any kind of ailment.
- If, however, the problems have already arisen, you can reduce their incidence with apple cider vinegar.
3. Keeps diabetes under control
Acetic acid helps reduce blood sugar levels as it avoids complete digestion of complex carbon hydrates.
- Taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar deactivates the enzymes responsible for breaking down hydrates.
- In this way, the accumulation of glucose in the blood and the peaks of the same is avoided .
4. Prevents cardiovascular diseases
Apple cider vinegar contains high levels of chlorogenic acid. This component inhibits the oxidation of bad cholesterol (LDL) which affects better cardiovascular health.
If your doctor has told you that your cholesterol levels are too high, cut out the high-fat foods and try to take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar a day.
5. Reduces nasal congestion
The antibiotic effect of apple cider vinegar reduces the risk of suffering from infections. It also reduces mucus and clears the sinuses.
- If you don’t want to take a spoonful of apple cider vinegar every day, you should try this remedy when you are affected.
- Usually 10 days are enough for complete recovery.
In addition, if you have a sore throat pain or inflammation, apple cider vinegar will reduce and eliminate the discomfort.
6. Promotes the renewal of the intestinal flora
Do you suffer from sporadic or chronic constipation? In that case, you should know that taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar will prevent the problem from persisting.
Contrary to what many people think, apple cider vinegar does not cause acidity , as it is an alkaline food.
7. Detoxifies the kidneys
Have you suffered from infection or kidney stones ? If so, consider taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in the morning.
Don’t forget to follow your doctor’s advice and drink enough water.
If you decide to drink fruit-flavored water, don’t add sweeteners. Eliminate salt from your diet for a couple of weeks .
Thanks to these remedies, in a few days you will be better.
8. Promotes weight loss
Along with a healthy diet and physical activity, taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar helps speed up your metabolism.
Being rich in vitamin B6 and lecithin, it burns the fats that accumulate in the body due to poor nutrition.
How to take apple cider vinegar?
There are two ways to take apple cider vinegar. The first is to drink a spoonful of it.
If the taste is too strong for your palate, you can dilute the tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water , cold or lukewarm.