Yarrow is a homeopathic remedy of vulnerary type useful for treating and healing wounds and sores, also used as a valid antihemorrhagic. Let’s find out more.
Description of Achillea Millefolium
Achillea millefolium is a homeopathic remedy obtained from the mother tincture of yarrow millefeuille, a perennial and aromatic herbaceous plant of the Asteraceae family.
Yarrow is commonly found in meadows and fields and is recognizable by its fragrant flowers, white or pink, and by its very jagged leaves.
Its name has mythological origins: according to Greek legend, the hero Achilles, advised by the centaur Chiron, an expert in arts, sciences and medicine, used it to heal and heal the wounds of his soldiers. In ancient times, fresh and crushed leaves were placed on wounds and bruises.
When using Achillea Millefolium
Achillea Millefolium is a homeopathic remedy of the vulnerary type, that is, which heals and heals wounds and sores, and antihemorrhagic. It is used in the following main cases:
- Hemorrhage and nosebleeds, i.e. leakage of blood from the throat, for example as a result of a cough, or from the nose. Obstructed nasal passages as a result of sneezing and a feeling of congestion in the head
- Reddened and congested eyes
- Otalgia, or pain localized at the auricular level, with the sensation of cold air escaping from the ear
- Odontalgia, or toothache, caused by drinks and hot foods, for example
- Sore stomach, heartburn
- Bleeding hemorrhoids, varicose veins in the legs, especially during pregnancy
- Bleeding wounds, sprains, rheumatic or arthritic disorders, abundant metruations. In cases of hemorrhage and in problems that occur as a result of an effort, a fall, a tooth extraction, it is advantageous to use Achillea after taking Aconitum and Arnica.
Doses and administration
- For heavy bleeding and menstruation, the recommended dose is initially 5 – 15 drops of TM every hour, at the first improvements it is passed to 10 – 15 drops 6 times a day (about every 3 hours) and then, when the symptoms have significantly subsided, 20 drops 3 times a day (about every 6 hours) until successful healing.
- In nosebleeds, hemoptysis, bleeding hemorrhoids, varicose veins, the administration is 3 granules, or 10 – 15 drops, of 2D or 4D remedy every 3 hours, then lengthening the intervals of intake with the improvement of symptoms.
- For reddened and congested eyes, otalgia, odontalgia, the initial dose is 3 granules, or 10 drops, 4CH or 6CH every 3 hours (6 times a day), lengthening the intervals with the improvement of symptoms; when the 6-hour administration interval is reached (3 times a day) the 30CH dilution is continued until complete healing.
- In the case of arthritis and rheumatic pain, for severe situations we start with the dose of 1 granule, or 5 drops, 6CH every 5 min; at the first improvements the intervals from 10 min up to 1 hour are progressively lengthened; at the subsequent improvements we move to 3 granules, or 15 drops, every hour; then 3 granules, or 15 drops, every 3 hours; finally we move on to dilution 30 CH taking 3 granules, or 15 drops, 3 times a day until healing. For less serious situations the scheme is the same but starting with 3 granules, or 15 drops, 6 CH every 3 hours.
- In the case of tooth extractions, sprains, traumas due to effort or falls, the recommended dose is 3 granules, or 10 – 15 drops, 4CH every 3 hours, alternating with Arnica 4CH and lengthening the administration times with the arrival of improvements until healing.
- For gastric disorders, the starting administration is 3 granules, or 10 drops, 6CH every 3 hours.
Who is Recommended for Achillea Millefolium
The individual who requires the homeopathic remedy Achillea Millefolium is often excited and irritable. He has dizziness when moving slowly.
He has a mild headache especially in the evening, accompanied by a feeling of blood supply to the head. He struggles to fall asleep or suffers from insomnia and in the morning he feels fatigued. He often suffers from heartburn.