Apis is a homeopathic remedy made from bee venom useful for treating fever, headache and inflammation. Let’s find out better.
Apis is the bee, an insect of the Apidae family, of the order of the Hymenoptera. The term ape commonly indicates the domestic bee (Apis mellifica), of which various breeds are bred.
The bee venom causes an intense inflammatory reaction on the tissues, formed as it is by a complex mixture of substances that cause toxic and allergenic effects. The inflammatory reaction can be localized, or generalized or systemic.
While the first is limited to the affected skin region, the second involves the whole organism and if it affects allergic subjects it can cause a violent reaction, known in medicine as “anaphylactic shock”, which can be lethal.
The Apis homeopathic remedy with local action is obtained from the tincture of the whole bee and the dilution of the poison in alcohol.
When using the Apis
The symptoms that require Apis are those of the bee sting, with an immediate, abrupt and violent onset : the first sign is a burning and stinging pain like hot needles, followed by itching and then an increase in painful sensation that leads the subject to cry for its intensity. Symptoms of Apis are always aggravated by heat and are, conversely, improved by cold and cold applications.
They are also aggravated by the pressure and contact of clothing. In Apis there is an absence of thirst, even in the case of fever and decreased urine, which becomes scarce. In fact, the signal that indicates that the remedy is working is a gradual increase in urine.
It is a valuable remedy in cases of acute inflammation, such as urticaria, sunburn, rheumatism, inflammation of the genital system, accompanied by stinging pains.
Apis is generally used in the following cases:
- acute inflammations of the skin that edema, hives, erythema, measles and rubella
- inflammatory conditions of the throat, accompanied by high fever, red pharynx, swollen palate, swollen throat, elongated red uvula and difficulty swallowing
- eye inflammation accompanied by edema ; it is also indicated to prevent relapses of styes, in cases of swollen lower eyelids (eye bags) and in all cases in which there is inflammation, congestion
- stomach pain and burning , vomiting and diarrhea
- acute inflammation of the ovary and tube or testicles
- inflammation of the urinary tract, cystitis
- inflammation with edema of the serous and synovial membranes, accompanied by rheumatism and swelling
- acute fever and agitated, anxious subject
Dosage and administration
Apis, as an acute remedy, is used at low dilutions. For skin problems, dilution D10, 5 granules or 10 drops, 3-4 times a day. In the case of throat problems, dilution D8, 5 granules or 10 drops, 6 times a day.
For the eyes, digestive system, ovary or testicles, urinary tract, serous membranes and headache, dilution 5 CH, 3 granules or 5 drops, every 3 hours. In the case of disorders of the synovial membranes dilution D6, 5 granules or 10 drops, 4 times a day. In the case of fever, dilution 5CH, 3 granules or 5 drops, as needed even every hour.
Who is Apis recommended for
Apis is a very tired person and has the sensation of bruising all over his body, as if he has worked hard. He is irritable, restless, anxious, has nervousness, is clumsy and has tremors and poor motor coordination, is hypersensitive.
He is also wary and jealous, he has a certain predisposition to cry. This is why the remedy is particularly suitable for whining babies. The Apis type has a nervous temperament.