Have you heard about the benefits of consuming apple cider vinegar and honey? The mixture of these food products has become a popular remedy in many homes due to the different properties they contain for our health. On the one hand, apple cider vinegar is a food condiment that, due to its richness in acids, has always stood out for its antiseptic effect . On the other hand, honey is a natural product with different active compounds that mainly have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
In addition to these properties, apple cider vinegar and honey are a good remedy to treat various ailments, since the mixture combines the effects of one product with those of the other. Do you want to know more about this excellent preparation? Keep reading and discover other aspects about the mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey: benefits and how to take it .
Apple cider vinegar and honey: properties and benefits
As we have anticipated, apple cider vinegar combined with honey is a very popular remedy that is used to improve some health problems. The mixture of these two products is due to the fact that, on the one hand, apple cider vinegar is a food condiment that stands out for containing different beneficial nutrients for health such as acids, vitamins (especially from group B), flavonoids and minerals such as calcium, iron and phosphorus. And on the other hand, honey is a natural product with many medicinal properties, as it stands out for its richness in carbohydrates, acids, phenolic compounds, vitamins (especially from group B) and minerals (calcium, iron, manganese, potassium, zinc and magnesium).
Due to the combination of these nutritional compositions, apple cider vinegar and honey have the following properties and benefits :
- Anti-inflammatory properties: this mixture of natural ingredients can be a good option to reduce pain in inflammatory processes such as headaches and migraines. In addition to this, vinegar with honey can also help treat joint ailments that are suffered in diseases such as arthritis.
- Digestive properties : honey mixed with this food seasoning can work as a stomach tonic capable of improving problems such as heartburn or stomach pain. In addition, thanks to the digestive properties of vinegar, it can also be an excellent preparation to improve digestion and bowel movement, thus preventing constipation.
- Cardiovascular Properties – Vinegar mixed with honey can help lower high levels of bad cholesterol. Due to these properties, this natural remedy is a good option to improve or prevent the onset of diseases such as hypertension.
- Respiratory properties : this natural preparation has a powerful antibiotic, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect, making it ideal for reducing respiratory ailments such as sore throats and other related symptoms such as fever and nasal congestion.
- Antioxidant properties : due to the richness in flavonoids of both products, they also protect the skin from free radicals, which prevents the appearance of the first signs of aging such as wrinkles, blemishes or expression lines.
- Diuretic properties : vinegar combined with honey can enhance its diuretic effect, one that helps reduce the accumulation of fluids and other toxins within the body through urine. This benefit can prevent urinary infections such as cystitis.
- Slimming properties : the combination of vinegar and honey also promotes weight loss, as they stimulate the production of enzymes known as lipases, which are responsible for hydrolyzing accumulated fat in the body. In other words, the consumption of this remedy is good for losing weight because it causes fats to be used as a source of energy, thus preventing them from being stored in the adipose tissue of our body.
- Satiating properties: in addition to the above benefit, this home remedy can also promote weight loss because its consumption reduces the feeling of hunger and therefore helps us eat less during the day.
How to take apple cider vinegar and honey
Now that we know the properties and benefits of this natural remedy, we will now explain how to take apple cider vinegar and honey. You will only have to have the following ingredients:
- 7 grams of raw honey
- 5ml apple cider vinegar
- 250 ml of mineral water
Preparation and treatment
- Heat a cup of water to make it lukewarm.
- Now add the amounts that we have indicated for both apple cider vinegar and raw honey.
- Stir the ingredients well with a teaspoon until they are well diluted.
- Take the natural preparation 20 minutes before breakfast.
Although the best way to take advantage of its properties is to take the mixture on an empty stomach, you can also consume the apple cider vinegar remedy with honey at another time of the day. However, you should never drink more than 3 glasses a day .
Honey and apple cider vinegar for weight loss
Do you want to take advantage of the slimming properties of honey and apple cider vinegar? You will only have to prepare the following remedy at home:
- In a cup, mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon of pure honey.
- Mix the ingredients well until they form a homogeneous mixture.
- Now, add a glass of cold water to the mixture that you have prepared before and stir the ingredients again.
- You will now have the remedy of honey and apple cider vinegar to lose weight.
To take advantage of the slimming properties of this remedy and lose weight with apple cider vinegar, consume 2 cups a day (one before the main meal and one before dinner). However, in addition to not taking more than 3 glasses a day, it is also recommended that you do not extend the consumption of this remedy for more than 2 weeks.
Apple cider vinegar and honey: contraindications
Although this remedy can bring us different health benefits, in other cases it can produce some negative effects. Here we explain the main contraindications of the mixture of apple cider vinegar with honey:
- People with a tendency to have diarrhea or stomach pains.
- People who consume medicines with diuretic properties or with a laxative effect.
- It is also not recommended in cases of diabetes and heart disease.
- In addition to these contraindications, it is important that we never exceed the recommended dose, since apple cider vinegar can interfere with potassium levels and thus reduce bone density.