Do you know the benefits of fasting apple cider vinegar? There are some foods and natural products that, taken before breakfast or the first meal of the day, can give us certain properties to improve our health. One of the most popular that is becoming more and more popular among the population is apple cider vinegar, also known as cider vinegar, a product that is obtained from the fermentation of apples and that is generally used as a food seasoning for different dishes, food.
However, due to its medicinal properties, apple cider vinegar also serves as a natural remedy to purify our body and to promote weight loss, among other uses. If you want to know more about this excellent product, keep reading this article and discover more about apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach: what it is for and how to take it .
Properties of apple cider vinegar
Apple vinegar (or cider vinegar) is a natural product that is extracted from the crushing and subsequent fermentation of apples, thus producing a food condiment that stands out for having a composition rich in nutrients such as acids (especially malic and nicotinic ), flavonoids, vitamins (especially from group B and beta carotene) and minerals (calcium, phosphorus, copper and iron).
Due to this nutritional richness, apple cider vinegar has several health properties:
- Diuretic properties: helps cleanse the urinary tract and reduces fluid retention.
- Purifying properties: due to its richness in alkaline substances, it improves blood circulation and cleanses the blood of our body of toxins and other impurities.
- Cardiovascular properties: helps reduce high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Digestive properties: it helps calm different digestive discomforts and regulates the intestinal flora.
- Fat-burning properties: speeds up metabolism by increasing the elimination of fat.
- Satiating properties: reduces the feeling of hunger.
What is apple cider vinegar for on an empty stomach?
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent product for seasoning different culinary dishes. However, although this was its traditional use, this extract is currently also being taken on an empty stomach to take advantage of some of the properties that we explained above. But what is this natural remedy really for? Next, we will explain some of the benefits of apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach and what it is for :
apple cider vinegar for digestive problems
Fasting apple cider vinegar is an excellent natural remedy to relieve different digestive discomforts such as flatulence, abdominal swelling, heartburn and heartburn. In addition, it also has gastrointestinal properties that regulate the intestinal flora, which also make it a very useful preparation both to prevent and relieve constipation.
Helps cleanse the blood and liver
Due to its richness in alkalizing substances, cider vinegar has excellent purifying properties that eliminate the accumulation of impurities and toxins from our blood. Due to this purifying quality, vinegar also helps to naturally detoxify the liver, which makes it a good remedy for related diseases such as fatty liver.
Benefits blood circulation and the heart
Regular consumption of apple cider vinegar can help reduce both high levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. Due to these cardiovascular properties, this food seasoning can also help prevent high blood pressure.
Cleanses the kidneys
Thanks to its diuretic properties, apple cider vinegar helps eliminate toxins accumulated in the urinary tract, which is quite useful for cleaning the kidneys. Due to its diuretic power, the consumption of apple cider vinegar can help you prevent urinary and kidney infections.
apple cider vinegar for weight loss
This food seasoning can also be a very useful remedy in weight loss diets since its consumption on an empty stomach can speed up metabolism and thus increase the burning of accumulated fat in the body. In addition, due to its richness in acid, fasting apple cider vinegar also has satiating properties that will reduce your appetite and therefore help you eat less during the day.
How to take apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach
Now that we know both the properties and the different benefits of this natural preparation, below we will explain how to take apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach:
- Heat a cup of mineral water, either in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Let it sit for a while until it is more or less lukewarm.
- Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to the water if you are going to use it to lose weight. In the event that you consume it to take advantage of its purifying properties, you will have to add a tablespoon of vinegar and another of pure honey to the water.
- Stir the mixture with a spoon so that the ingredients are well dissolved and then drink the preparation while it is still warm.
You can also take this remedy before breakfast in case of constipation or to relieve other intestinal problems.
Contraindications of fasting apple cider vinegar
However, you should avoid consuming apple cider vinegar in the case of suffering from gastrointestinal conditions with irritation, such as gastritis and stomach ulcers, or in the case of diabetes, since its richness in chromium can alter blood glucose levels. It is also not recommended in case of low potassium levels, since its consumption can interfere with its absorption.