Pregnant women and all those people who have kidney problems must avoid the consumption of parsley. In other cases, its moderate consumption can be of great help in purifying the kidneys.
Purifying the body sporadically is beneficial for health, since the body gets rid of accumulated toxins. For this task the kidneys are a very important organ, because they are responsible for filtering the blood and expelling toxic substances. Like any filter, it is necessary to do a maintenance from time to time with an infusion to cleanse the kidneys .
The kidneys are in constant contact with toxic substances as they cleanse the body, which is why it is important to take care of them. There are many natural methods to clean them, but one of the best is the parsley infusion.
Parsley is a plant commonly used as a seasoning for meals, but it is known that it doesn’t just taste good to enrich dishes. Parsley tea helps cleanse the kidneys.
Parsley contains vitamins and other elements with healing properties for the body. This is why it represents a very complete food from a nutritional point of view.
- Vitamins (A, B, C and D)
- Minerals ( calcium , iron, phosphorus, sulfur)
Vitamin A is involved in the functioning of the immune system, while C and E are antioxidants. Flavonoids have a diuretic and also antioxidant action. Calcium, on the other hand, helps our bones, while fiber supports the digestive system. This is how parsley infusion can bring so many nutrients in one cup.
You can not only drink it as an infusion, but also prepare it as a smoothie or simply add it to preparations as a condiment. This plant helps the body in many ways, which is why we suggest you add it to your diet.
Benefits of parsley
Among the many properties of parsley, we highlight the following:
- It has the ability to cleanse the organs
- It is antioxidant
- Helps to control blood pressure
- It is diuretic thanks to the flavonoid content
- It is anti-inflammatory
- Prevents the formation of gravel and kidney stones (it just prevents them, not eliminates them)
- It improves digestion and the general functioning of the digestive system
- Strengthens the immune system
- Fights osteoporosis
- Helps to lose weight
- Avoid the feeling of fatigue
- Helps lower blood glucose levels
Use parsley to make an infusion to cleanse the kidneys
- 1 tablespoon of fresh or dried parsley (8 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
How is it prepared?
The difference between dried and fresh parsley is that the flavor changes slightly when preparing the infusion. In any case, it is important to wash it well before making this infusion to cleanse the kidneys.
- Take a cup of water and put it to boil in a pot.
- Once the water reaches a boil, add the tablespoon of parsley. It is important to add the plant just when the water reaches a boil, because if you do this sooner, it may lose some of its properties.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, filter to separate the parsley twigs and let it rest for a few minutes.
- If you prefer, you can add sugar or a sweetener to sweeten the drink. You can drink 2 to 3 cups of tea a day, 4 days a week, for visible results.
Is it advisable to take excess parsley tea?
The excesses are negative and this also applies to the parsley infusion. The flavonoids contained in parsley promote diuresis and sodium elimination, but increase the absorption of potassium and its concentration in the blood.
High levels of potassium in the blood are known as hyperkalaemia which can lead to an increased risk of suffering from cardiac arrhythmia or cramps.
The consumption of parsley infusion is not recommended for pregnant women because it stimulates uterine contraction. Nor is it recommended for people diagnosed with kidney failure with a tendency to suffer from kidney stones.
Choose a natural remedy by taking the infusion to cleanse the kidneys. It is advisable to do this at least twice a year for the body to function optimally. The kidneys keep the body detoxified and they too deserve to be cleaned.
Thanks to the proper functioning of these organs, the body enjoys good health and many diseases can be prevented. Also remember that prevention is important: see your doctor for an annual or six-monthly check-up to make sure everything is in order in your body.