The appearance of the first teeth is one of the most anticipated events by parents in the first months of a newborn’s life. The eruption usually begins in the first five to eight months with the eruption of the central incisors and is completed between 24 and 30 months with the arrival of the second molars. It is an important event for the development of the baby, but often concomitant small disturbances appear which can occur both locally and generally.
Locally , the most easily recognizable symptoms are:
- abundant salivation;
- inflammation of the gums;
- eagerness to bite;
- ear rubbing.
Other symptoms that can be noticed on a general level are:
- decreased appetite;
- state of irritability;
- disturbed sleep;
- in some cases fever, gastrointestinal disturbances and cough.
To relieve the discomfort caused by the eruption of the tooth, a good help can come from homeopathy: homeopathic medicines, in fact, can also be administered to newborns during very early childhood. This is possible thanks to their devolution and the fact that they do not have side effects or contraindications.
Traditionally used homeopathic pharmacology in the symptomatic treatment of disorders related to dentition:
- Chamomilla 9 CH , which acts on all symptoms, including irritability, disturbed sleep, diarrhea and hypersalivation;
- Belladonna 5 CH , has an action on inflammation, is particularly indicated for inflammatory manifestations of the mucous membranes and skin, pain, fevers, nasopharyngitis, otitis;
- Ferrum phosphoricum 5 CH , suitable for inflammatory manifestations of the mucous membranes (gingival, ENT, digestive) with initial catarrhal stages, ear pain, low-grade fever, cough.
Mothers need to have some tricks on nutrition, avoiding too hot foods that could increase inflammation and to keep something hard to bite at hand, such as teething rings, to give to the baby when he presents. the need to nibble on anything.