The bloodstream is responsible for transporting many of the substances that accumulate in the human body. Circulating throughout the body, blood can contain fats, sugars, nutrients, hormones, oxygen, cells, and wastes. The liver and kidneys are the two main organs responsible for purifying these toxins from the blood. However, to help them do their job, we can eat certain foods naturally to purify the blood and prevent health problems.
In this article, we’ll show you the most used methods and foods so you can learn how to purify your blood quickly and naturally. In addition, we will give you some tips to prevent impurities from accumulating in your body. Remember that a clean bloodstream will guarantee the health of your vital organs.
How to purify the blood quickly
Human blood can become progressively contaminated as a result of the accumulation of fats, toxins and residues in our body. A poor diet and malfunctioning of vital organs such as the kidneys and liver can contribute to polluting the blood. High levels of cholesterol, sugar and triglycerides denote, on many occasions, the level of impurities in the blood.
For this reason, it’s a good idea to purge your bloodstream periodically. Impurities in the blood can cause health problems such as acne and skin blemishes. Although these conditions may seem simple and not very dangerous, poorly purified blood can lead to more serious health problems such as diabetes, overweight and respiratory diseases.
The best way to keep your blood pure is to always have a good diet. Antioxidant foods like broccoli, cauliflower or cabbage, as well as fruits like berries and apples are great detoxifiers. If you are looking for how to cleanse the blood quickly, there are some home remedies to cleanse the blood that will help you. Keep reading and discover them!
How to purify the blood with lemon
Lemon is an excellent diuretic for the body. In addition to cleaning the vital organs, it serves to purify the blood contaminated by waste from the respiratory and digestive systems. Being rich in vitamin C, the citric acid in lemon acts as a kind of detergent within the body. To activate its cleansing action and, you must consume it daily in the following way:
- Cut 2 lemons into slices, either green or yellow.
- Put the lemon slices in two liters of water.
- Let the lemon water sit overnight in the refrigerator. Don’t add sugar.
- In the morning, when you get up, drink a glass of lemon water on an empty stomach.
- During the day, consume at least 5 more glasses of water. Ideally, you should drink a glass of water every time you feel thirsty.
- Perform the treatment for 3 consecutive days.
In this way, you will be able to purify not only the blood, but also your entire body. Among other benefits of lemon as a blood purifier are:
- Promotes digestion and fluidity of urine. In this way, it facilitates the expulsion of fats and toxins, while preventing the formation of kidney stones and the increase in cholesterol, glycemia and uric acid levels in the blood.
- Strengthens the wall of the capillaries, facilitating blood circulation. In turn, it prevents the formation of clots and thrombi that limit the elasticity of the joints.
- Helps the body stay hydrated, preventing oxidation of bones and joints that cause premature aging.
How to purify the blood with elderberry
The elder is a plant with laxative properties, which is why it helps the body to drain impurities. As a medicinal plant, its use is very common in digestive treatments to correct disorders of the liver and kidneys. To purify the blood with elderberry , you must consume it in the following way:
- Acquire the plant in a trusted herbalist.
- Prepare it as an infusion, like tea. Bring the water to a boil and add the boil when it is at a boiling point.
- Let boil for 3 minutes. Serve the tea and drink it after each main meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Practice the treatment for a week.
The elderberry is one of the best natural plants to purify the blood. With the elderberry infusion you will cleanse your entire body, preventing bacterial infections in the blood and any vital organ.
Garlic to clean the blood
Garlic is a powerful natural diuretic , which is responsible for purifying our body by promoting the production of enzymes that remove toxins from the blood. The easiest way to purify the blood with garlic is by chewing several pieces of raw garlic daily, on an empty stomach.
Regardless of how much you can or cannot tolerate its taste, consuming garlic, either on an empty stomach or throughout the day, is fantastic for cleansing the body, improving the immune system’s ability to fight infectious agents.
However, there is another effective way to take garlic to purify the blood, much more generous with your palate:
- Cut 12 pieces of raw garlic.
- Put them in a bottle of red wine.
- Let the mixture rest for two weeks in a ventilated place exposed to sunlight.
- Have a glass of the wine mixed with garlic after lunch and dinner for a week.
In this way you can reduce the levels of cholesterol, fat and salt in the blood, activating the metabolism to purify the bloodstream.
If you don’t like the taste of wine either, in our article How to eat raw garlic, we tell you the best ways to consume garlic to cleanse your blood without the taste becoming too strong.
Burdock tea, an excellent blood purifier
Burdock is also one of the best blood purifiers, thanks to its detoxifying and antibacterial properties. Thanks to this plant, you will not only be able to cleanse the blood, but also your entire lymphatic system. Burdock consumption improves blood circulation throughout the body, helping vital organs to eliminate waste, while preventing fluid retention in vessels and arteries.
The best way to purify the blood with burdock is to consume it in tea:
- Buy burdock for tea from a reputable herbalist.
- Add 2 tablespoons of burdock in a cup of hot water, previously boiled.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and drink the tea 2 times a day for 3 days.
Teas and infusions to cleanse the blood are an excellent option to purify it without having to change your diet too much. With regular consumption of burdock you can prevent the formation of kidney stones, arthritis and keep glycemine levels at bay, avoiding diabetes.
Purifies the blood with infusion of nettle
Like burdock, nettle is a plant with purifying and diuretic properties. Excellent for treating digestive and kidney disorders, nettle will help you flush toxins and other waste from your immune system in no time. To use nettle to purify the blood, follow the steps below:
- Acquire branch nettle in a trusted herbalist.
- Boil the nettle in a pot of water for 5 minutes.
- Let the infusion stand for 10 minutes and drink a cup twice a day (in the afternoon and before bed) for a week.
How to clean blood with carrot
Carrot is an excellent blood purifying food, as it contains abundant vitamins B and C, as well as molybdenum, a mineral specialized in controlling the level of body fat. In addition, carrots contain beta-carotene, pigments rich in vitamin A that promote blood circulation.
To purify the blood with carrot you must consume it in the following way:
- Peel 4 fresh carrots.
- Cut them into small pieces and blend them with water.
- Add half a cup of lemon juice and blend again for 1 minute.
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher. Add two tablespoons of honey if you think the juice was too acidic.
- Drink 2 glasses of carrot juice in the morning for 3 days.
To optimize the action of carrot juice, add lemon juice. Not only will this improve its flavor, it will also make the mixture more powerful in cleansing the body.
Juices are an excellent (as well as very delicious) way to detoxify the blood and maintain our health in optimal conditions. We invite you to visit our article Juices to cleanse the blood so you can learn more about it.
Aloe vera to purify the blood
The medicinal properties of aloe vera are many and well known. Among the most important are its ability to stimulate the immune system to improve digestion and purify the blood. To activate these properties, you must consume aloe vera juice.
- Cut an aloe vera leaf and peel it.
- It removes the yellowish layer under the skin and preserves the aloe vera crystals.
- Prepare a pitcher of lemon juice or another fruit of your choice.
- Add the aloe vera crystals to the juice and blend for one minute.
- Drink a glass of aloe vera juice once a day for a week.
Aloe vera juice is not recommended for children under 12 years of age, nor for people with kidney or heart failure. Similarly, it should not be consumed during pregnancy or if you suffer from any serious intestinal disease. It should also not be administered in patients taking anticoagulants.
How to purify blood naturally
As we said before, to always have clean blood, it is best to maintain a healthy diet that facilitates the functioning of our vital organs and, especially, of the systems responsible for the disposal of toxins. Some of the most natural and easy ways to purify the blood and keep it clean are:
- Drink plenty of water: Doctors recommend drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day to prevent diseases and effectively eliminate toxins.
- Exercise: Exercises help eliminate toxins through sweating, as well as help improve oxygenation.
- Drink dandelion infusion: replace black tea at snacks with an infusion of dandelion tea. Its purifying properties act as a diuretic and prevent fluid retention.
- Consume fruit juices daily: citrus juices, pineapple or spinach-based green juice and beet juice are excellent alternatives to boost your immune system on a regular basis.
- Eat blood-purifying foods: Some of these include certain types of fish (such as sardines, tuna, and salmon), grapes, coffee, Brussels sprouts, green leafy vegetables, ginger, alfalfa, among others.
The liver and kidneys are some of the most important organs in the blood purification process.
Blood cleansing pills
In addition to natural alternatives, there are various medications to cleanse the blood. Some pills, syrups and injections have the function of purging the body to drain impurities. Similarly, many drugs act as blood thinners in case of circulatory problems.
Of course, the consumption of any drug to cleanse the blood must be administered under strict medical supervision. In many cases, patients may experience adverse effects due to the depurative action of the drugs, such as vomiting, diarrhea and other secretions that are difficult to control. In turn, it is vitally important to let your trusted doctor know about any allergy or pathology that may condition the action of the drug in the body.
Generally, blood-cleansing medications have immediate action. Some focus on cleaning the digestive system, others on the urinary system and others on the respiratory system, depending on where the doctor notices the main source of impurities in the body.
There are many medical options to detoxify and cleanse the body available on the market. In any case, its effect will depend on the patient’s immune system, since not all bodies assimilate the components of a medical formula in the same way.
The best way to keep your blood and body clean is through a healthy diet. Good eating habits, as well as physical exercise, make a difference when draining the impurities that the human body inevitably assimilates on a daily basis. Therefore, the natural alternative will always be the best option to keep our body in excellent condition, free of viruses and diseases.