Cardiovascular diseases are common in this country and should always be medically clarified. In addition to conventional medical treatment, homeopathy can also provide valuable support to strengthen the heart and alleviate the symptoms.
Heart problems such as palpitations, tachycardia or tightness of the chest should always be medically clarified and treated accordingly. In addition to conventional therapy, homeopathy can provide valuable support in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
Homeopathy can help to alleviate existing symptoms, especially in the case of functional heart problems for which no physical cause has been identified. But even if physical causes are present and medication has to be taken, the additional intake of homeopathic remedies can help to ensure that the heart medication is better tolerated and that healing progresses faster overall.
The following homeopathic medicines have proven particularly effective as “add-ons” in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
Treat cardiac arrhythmias homeopathically
One speaks of cardiac arrhythmia when the heart literally gets out of rhythm. The following homeopathic medicines have proven particularly useful for the supportive treatment of cardiac arrhythmias:
- Aconitum napellus: The blue monkshood is considered helpful for acute heart problems with palpitations, a feeling of tightness in the chest and great anxiety up to panic attacks.
- Leonurus cardiaca: Used primarily for nervous heart problems and hyperthyroidism, cramping abdominal pain and severe flatulence in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Gelsenium sempervirens: Yellow jasmine is considered an important homeopathic remedy for severe heart palpitations and rapid heartbeat caused by excitement and fear, for example before a public appearance or an upcoming exam.
- Coffea cruda: The homeopathic medicine obtained from the unroasted coffee bean is recommended for heart palpitations, great nervousness, restlessness and insomnia.
- Spartium scoparium: The homeopathic medicine from the broom is also considered to be a particularly effective remedy for cardiac arrhythmia, chest tightness and heart failure.
- Digitalis: Proven homeopathic heart remedy for the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias and cardiac insufficiency.
Homeopathic follow-up treatment for heart attacks
A heart attack is always considered a medical emergency that requires acute conventional medical care. Homeopathy can also be used to support the aftercare in the rehabilitation clinic and the initial time at home in order to strengthen the weakened heart and promote recovery. The following tools are particularly recommended for this purpose:
- Myrtillocactus geometrizans: The homeopathic blueberry cactus is considered a classic for long-term after-treatment of a heart attack. The main areas of application are arteriosclerosis with circulatory disorders in the coronary arteries and angina pectoris.
- Espeletia : A proven remedy for long-term homeopathic after-treatment for heart attacks is Espeletia, the monk’s plant. It is also used for circulatory disorders, cardiac insufficiency and other age-related problems.
- Digitalis: Is obtained from the red foxglove and is considered an important homeopathic heart remedy for treatment after a heart attack, with the onset of cardiac insufficiency and cardiac arrhythmia.
- Arnica Montana: Is considered one of the most important medicines in homeopathy for injuries and tissue damage of all kinds. It is therefore also used to support after-treatment after a heart attack.
- Naja naja: Obtained from the venom of the Indian cobra, Naja naja is a homeopathic medicine that is used in particular for cardiovascular diseases with severe heart palpitations, chest tightness and high blood pressure. Therefore, it is also well suited for the after-treatment of heart attacks and cardiac insufficiency.
- Crataegus: Hawthorn has been valued for centuries for its heart-strengthening properties. The homeopathic remedy is also used for heart failure.
Homeopathy for high blood pressure
Hypertension should always be treated. Homeopathic medicines can also be used here.
- Viscum album: The white berry mistletoe is considered a classic for high blood pressure, circulatory problems and arteriosclerosis.
- Aurum metallicum Is a homeopathic medicine made from gold that can be used to treat high blood pressure, but also other cardiovascular problems such as angina pectoris, an irregular pulse and severe heart palpitations.
- Rauwolfia: The Indian women’s root is considered an important homeopathic medicine for cardiovascular diseases and is often used in this context to treat high blood pressure without a recognizable cause.
- Arnica montana: Can also help lower high blood pressure.
- Crataegus: The homeopathic hawthorn has a balancing effect on blood pressure disorders. It helps to lower high blood pressure and stimulate low blood pressure.
Homeopathic help for heart muscle inflammation
In addition to conventional medicine, homeopathic remedies can also bring relief for heart muscle inflammation:
- Cactus: Has a strong connection to the heart muscle and is therefore often used as an additional therapy for heart muscle inflammation, but also for heart failure
- Iberis Amara: The bitter candytuft is also used primarily for cardiovascular diseases and is particularly recommended for supportive therapy for heart muscle inflammation.
- Kalmia: Considered an important homeopathic medicine for the treatment of heart muscle inflammation as well as heart failure and angina pectoris.
- Gelsemium sempervirens: The yellow jasmine is used in homeopathy for feverish infections and helps to alleviate the stressful side effects. It can also have a positive effect on the clinical picture of myocardial inflammation, which arose from a feverish infection.