Lymphatic congestion occurs when the transport of lymphatic fluid in the lymphatic system is disrupted. The accumulated fluid accumulates in the lymphatic vessels and in the surrounding tissue. A swelling develops – the so-called lymphedema. Lymphedema tends to develop on the arms and legs, but other parts of the body can also be affected.
Homeopathic remedies aim to alleviate the symptoms.
Which homeopathic remedies help?
Physical symptoms are described below. Choose a homeopathic remedy for lymphatic congestion that best suits your situation.
Lymphatic congestion after breast cancer surgery. The affected arm is swollen and feels bruised.
left-sided lymphatic congestion
Causes of lymphatic congestion
- Congenital malformations in the lymphatic system
- Operations or radiation treatments, eg as part of cancer therapy
- Diseases of the lymphatic system
- retractions of the skin
- At the beginning no pain, but only later
- Change in shape of the affected arm or leg
- Tendency to infections in the area of lymphoedema
If you suspect lymphedema, please see a doctor as soon as possible.
Further tips and information on treatment
Elevating your legs frequently can reduce swelling and pain. A change in diet and reducing excess weight is recommended.