Many children are affected by worms during kindergarten or school. Even if the idea is disgusting and frightening, in our latitudes a worm infestation is usually harmless. In most cases, the infestation with worms goes completely unnoticed and without any symptoms. Worms are not always visible in the stool.
Homeopathic remedies are helpful in relieving symptoms such as itching, stomach and intestinal problems or tiredness.
Which homeopathic remedies help?
Physical symptoms are described below. Choose a homeopathic remedy for worm infestation that best suits your situation.
In the case of worm infestation that leads to heart problems, visual disturbances
True great event
Severe anal itching, which increases with heat. Loss of appetite and cramping abdominal pains due to infestation with pinworms (oxyures).
For intestinal parasites, when the infestation causes cramps.
Passing of worms with diarrhea. Spasmodic abdominal pain relieved by firm pressure or bending.
Causes of worm infestation
- Contaminated food and objects
- fecal vegetables and salad
- contaminated drinking water
- undercooked meat
- undercooked fish,
- unwashed fruits and vegetables
- lack of hygiene
The most common species include roundworms, tapeworms and pinworms. Different types of worms cause different symptoms.
Symptoms of roundworm infestation
People who are infested with a roundworm suffer from symptoms such as
- shortness of breath,
- abdominal pain,
- nausea and
- weight loss.
Symptoms of pinworm infestation
- unpleasant itching in the anal area (especially in the late evening and at night)
- Itching in the nose, ears and eyes
- Inflammation of the external genital organs and the anus (caused, for example, by severe scratching)
- weight loss
- sleep disorders
- difficulty concentrating
Further tips and information on how to prevent worm infestation is the
- personal hygiene, such as washing hands after each visit to the toilet,
- the consumption of well-done foods and
- well-washed vegetables and fruits are important.