Thanks to the diuretic properties of basil and sage, we can be able to purify the kidneys and enjoy an improvement in general health, as we will favor the elimination of waste substances.
To stay healthy and prevent chronic or degenerative diseases, it is important to take some remedies throughout the year. With the help of medicinal plants we will explain how to purify the kidneys , liver and intestines to prevent or treat any ailment that afflicts us.
Find out in this article how to cleanse the kidneys with basil and sage. These two aromatic plants stimulate kidney functions in a natural way and, at the same time, give many other health benefits.
Why is it important to cleanse the kidneys?
Our bodies are loaded with toxins due to chemicals in food, the air we breathe, hygiene and cleaning products, water and so on.
Over time, these toxins build up and can cause ailments and diseases.
The kidneys have the task of cleaning the body of these substances and eliminating them in the urine. However, if they are forced to work too much, they become excessively overloaded and can become debilitated.
The ideal would be to help them in their purifying function, which occurs in symbiosis with the liver, intestines and skin.
Therefore, it is important to cleanse the kidneys in order to enjoy good health and a good quality of life. We can do this thanks to a balanced diet and some natural remedies with diuretic and detoxifying properties.
Plants to cleanse the kidneys
Basil is not just an aromatic plant with which we can prepare delicious sauces, salads and types of pasta. This plant is rich in vitamins B1 and E, as well as minerals such as potassium and calcium .
It also contains antioxidants and fiber. It is a medicinal remedy with digestive and relaxing properties , which we can always keep at hand to drink it in an infusion or to flavor.
At the kidney level, basil is very effective thanks to its potassium content. This mineral favors, in fact, the elimination of liquids and toxins, as it increases the amount of urine.
This plant, in general, tones the kidneys and also helps dissolve stones and sand. In this way, people who tend to suffer from colic will be able to prevent them thanks to this remedy.
Sage is a medicinal plant whose name in Latin has its origins in the word “cure”. In this sense, its very meaning confirms its multiple properties for health.
For example, it is an excellent remedy for respiratory and digestive disorders.
This aromatic plant is excellent for cleaning the kidneys, thanks to its diuretic and purifying properties. By consuming it for a certain period of time, we will favor the detoxification of the body thanks to the elimination of liquids. In this way, we will also fight swelling , inflammation and edema.
Basil and sage remedy
To prepare this kidney cleansing remedy, we will need the following ingredients every day:
- 10 fresh basil leaves (15 g)
- 5 fresh sage leaves (8 g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- To prepare this remedy it will be necessary to have fresh aromatic plants. In this way, we will be sure that they will have kept their properties intact.
- We just have to blend, mix vigorously or chop the basil and sage leaves with water.
- After obtaining a homogeneous mixture, we will sweeten with honey.
How to drink it?
- To benefit from this remedy and cleanse the kidneys of toxins, we will need to drink it as soon as we wake up, on an empty stomach and at least half an hour before breakfast.
- We must process this medicinal preparation every day, for a week, and consume it immediately. It should therefore be prepared every morning and consumed as soon as it is done.
- We can get into the habit of drinking it, but always for a week at most.
- We recommend not taking it without medical supervision, in the presence of diseases and if we are taking any medications.
To enhance the effects of this purifying remedy, we must keep in mind the following tips:
- Drink two liters of water a day, between meals, especially during this purifying treatment.
- Limit your consumption of salt and dairy products.
- Increase the consumption of raw plant foods (one serving for each meal).
- Play sports to speed up your metabolism and to increase sweating. In this way, we will stimulate kidney function.
- Always cover the area of the kidneys (the one between the lumbar and back), as these organs are very sensitive to cold. We can warm it up by applying a cloth or hot water bottle if needed.