Influenza is a seasonal pathology caused by viral infections that mainly affects the respiratory tract causing, fever, cough, headache and cold. Let’s find out more how to cure it with homeopathic remedies.
Description and causes of influenza
Influenza is a seasonal disease of the respiratory tract caused by viral infection (so-called influenza viruses). The virus is an organism that changes frequently and this makes it difficult to make an effective vaccine.
The influenza virus penetrates the body through the mucous membranes by air: saliva, mucus, spit, etc. From the moment of contagion the symptoms manifest themselves within the next 3-4 days.
Usually the flu episode lasts a maximum of five to seven days from the onset of symptoms, although cough and general malaise can last for two or more weeks.
The flu manifests itself mainly with general and respiratory symptoms: chills, bone and muscle pain, headache, severe general malaise, sore throat, cold and usually non-catarrhal cough.
Fever is not the main symptom (it can be triggered or not) and is generally higher in infections caused by type A viruses while, in those caused by those of type B, it is maintained at lower temperatures. In the elderly the fever tends to remain low, the onset of disorders is gradual and mainly involves weakness, joint pain and confusion.
How to interpret the symptoms of the flu
From a holistic point of view, influenza is a pathology that temporarily alters the internal life force of the individual, that fundamental driving energy that regulates the proper functioning of the organism itself. The flu in fact involves the whole organism while prevailing some symptoms for intensity (usually symptoms affecting the respiratory system).
For this reason, the symptoms through which the flu episode occurs can vary from individual to individual, both in terms of symptomatic manifestation and intensity.
Homeopathically speaking, the flu manifests itself when the vital force of the organism is weakened, weakened, weighed down due to a stress reaction (often negative stress), physical fatigue or in reaction to “susceptibility” or individual sensitivity and predisposition to a certain type of viruses and bacteria (in the specific case of influenza we speak of influenza viruses).
Homeopathic remedies for the flu
- Bryonia alba 30 CH: flu state felt at the muscular level. Symptoms worsen with minimal movement, even that of the eyes. Dryness in the lips and mouth accompanied by consequent thirst intended. Headache aggravated by repeated coughing. The symptoms are all aggravated by coughing and are relieved by hot drinks, especially hot milk.
- China 30CH: Flu episode with periodic and intermittent fever that increases and decreases at regular intervals. Exhaustion accompanied by chills and sweating and abundant urination. Yellow and foamy diarrhea may occur and may complain of pain in the liver (below the last ribs, right side). During the flu episode he is particularly irritable, sensitive and capricious. Exposure to drafts, noise and fruit consumption aggravate the symptoms.
- Eupatorium perfoliatum 30CH: flu status often devoid of the symptom of fever. Severe pain “like broken bones” is felt at the osteo-articular level, especially in the extremities (also knees, ankle, wrists and shoulders) and back (lumbar area). Curiously, the appearance of chills, usually between 7 and 9 am, relieve symptoms.
- Ferrum phosphoricum 30CH: initial state of fever or flu, when the symptoms are not yet clear. Feverish state characterized by high fever, reddened face, especially the cheeks accompanied by inflammation of the throat and lungs, swollen and reddened tonsils, muscle soreness and in some cases mildly streaked sputum. It can often be confused with Belladonna but the latter appears agitated and with dilated pupils.
- Gelsemium sempervirens 30CH: flu state characterized by a deep state of tiredness and weakness, chills of cold along the back and heaviness of the eyelids “as if they were lead”. Muscle pain and generalized soreness accompanied by a strong sense of thinking throughout the body. Gelsemium-type flu status could manifest itself following a strong concern or after learning bad news. It may be accompanied by stabbing pain in the head. Symptoms improve when urine leakage is produced.
- Pyrogenium 30CH: flu state characterized by mild febrile state (“feverish”) or even absence of fever and accompanied by deep pain in the back of the thighs. Chills of cold felt throughout the body, pulse accelerated despite the fever is not high. Restless, he can not rest lying down complaining about the mattress too hard.
- Rhus toxicodendron 30CH: flu state characterized by strong muscle soreness that causes muscle pain and stiffness but which on the other hand improve with continuous movement. The flu state can be caused by excessive fatigue.
What is reported in the following tabs should not be used as a substitute for any medical therapy, but only as a support. In the event that the disorder persists consult a professional homeopath. Self-medication is advisable only in acute cases of mild entity.
Recommended dosages and dosages should not be abused. Discontinue taking the homeopathic medicine at the first sign of improvement of the
disorderRecommended posology: 30 CH in granules, 1 sublingual granule every 10 minutes for a one-hour cycle. If necessary, 1 granule 3 times in the 2-3 days following the first intake.