Nux Vomica is a homeopathic remedy obtained from the seeds of the Walnut Vomica plant, useful for the nervous system, sleep, rheumatism and cystitis. Let’s find out better.
Description of Nux Vomica
The homeopathic remedy Nux Vomica is obtained by dyeing the seeds of the fruit of the Strychnos Nux vomica or Walnut Vomica plant, first dried and then pulverized and by subsequent dilutions and dynamizations in a hydroalcoholic solution. Belonging to the Loganiaceae family, native to subtropical Asia, nux vomica is cultivated in Sri Lanka, the Malay Archipelago and northern Australia.
The seeds contain some alkaloids and in particular two that have the highest concentration, strychnine and brucine, which are very toxic and bitter and are the two most pharmacologically active ingredients.
Strychnine acts on the central nervous system as a powerful stimulant and on the peripheral one where it causes the blocking of particular nerve endings. This means that every stimulus becomes a spasm. The average fatal dose for humans is 1 mg / kg. Death occurs from respiratory blockage or physical exhaustion. Strychnine has been used as a pesticide for mice and other unwanted animals.
When using Nux Vomica
Nux vomica is one of the best-known polychromatic remedies in homeopathy. It acts mainly on the central and peripheral nervous system and on the digestive system, with important effects on the cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, urinary, respiratory, female and male genital systems. The homeopathic remedy Nux vomica is used in the following main cases:
- nervous system disorders, hyperesthesia (exaggerated sensitivity) of all senses, nervousness with spasms, irritability, anger, bad mood, increased reflexes, early awakening and restless sleep, postprandial sleepiness, neuralgia
- liver disorder, liver overgrown, congested, hard, sensitive, painful to touch, jaundice, biliary colic
- gastrointestinal disorders, ulcer, gastritis, constipation, colitis, diarrhea, halitosis, colic, haemorrhoids
- headache,stress migraine, dizziness
- pain in the musculoskeletal system, lumbago, sciatica, rheumatism
- cardiovascular disorders, hypertension, palpitations
- disorders of the female genital tract, inflammation, irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea
- dysfunction of the male genital system, excessive erections, at the slightest arousal, even during sleep
- respiratory system disorders, cold, stuffy nose, hoarseness, cough, sore throat
- urinary system disorders, cystitis
Dosage and administration
- In the case of nervous system disorders, dilution 30CH, 3 granules 1-2 times a day, up to a maximum of 2 weeks.
- In the case of respiratory disorders, dilution 9CH, 3 granules or 5 drops 3 times a day.
- In other cases, dilution 5CH, 3 granules or 5 drops every 2-3 hours.
Who is Nux Vomica recommended for
The Nux Vomica subject is excessively irritable and sensitive, there are nervous spasms and numerous organic dysfunctions. The sensory system is particularly affected, for which the subject is hypersensitive at the level of all the senses, feeling particular discomfort for noises, light, smells, not enduring pain and the slightest contact, suffering headaches and headaches.
The subject thus becomes extremely irritable, impatient, angry, dissatisfied, demanding towards others as well as towards himself. These subjects have sunken cheeks, dark hair, black eyes and are thin; they abuse irritants and stimulants, smoke, overeat and then suffer from indigestion and stomach cramps.
They fall asleep easily but wake up around 4 in the morning, assailed by thoughts and worries. The guy in question works too much, he is the classic businessman of the city, the manager, the executive of a large company, the doctor who never retires, that is, he is the super active par excellence. The coldness