Sometimes sinusitis and colds are confused, but it is important to know how to distinguish the symptoms in order to be able to combat them adequately.
Having breathing problems is very annoying, not being able to breathe well affects everyday life and makes you feel tired. If we add to this symptoms such as fever, headache and mucus, the discomfort can also force us to stay in bed. In this article we present a useful natural remedy to cure sinusitis .
Our ally in this case will be apple cider vinegar, which has numerous health benefits. Let’s see how to use it to treat sinusitis .
What is sinusitis?
Sinusitis is inflammation of the soft tissues of the sinuses. It is defined acute if it lasts a few days, and chronic if it persists for more than twelve weeks.
Anatomically, it can depend on a deviation of the nasal septum or on very large nasal turbinates . Smoking, allergies, and bacterial infections can affect the appearance of this infection. Most often, it is confused with the common cold, in reality it is much more complex.
Differences between the common cold and sinusitis
Colds and sinusitis have various common symptoms such as nasal discharge, fever , drip, headache, and nasal congestion. However, the infection is more complex than the cold. When you are not sure whether you suffer from one or the other, pay attention to the color of the secretions, because that is where you will find the answer.
When cooled, the mucus is light in color and watery . In case of sinusitis, it is more dense and on the yellow. Colds last for 3 to 10 days, while sinusitis lasts for over 10 days.
Colds are caused by viruses, sinusitis is caused by bacteria. In some cases the latter is a complication of the former.
How to cure sinusitis with apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar has many health benefits. With it you can treat various ailments such as gastric reflux or use it as a tonic to make your hair shiny.
It is also very effective for treating sinusitis. But how exactly does it act?
- Clear the sinuses
- Prevents the growth of bacteria
- It dilutes the mucus
- Strengthens the immune system
There are several natural remedies that help cure sinusitis in no time. They are very easy to prepare and will allow you to breathe calmly. Plus, they can prevent the infection from coming back.
Apple cider vinegar mouthwash
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (30 ml)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
What to do
- Heat, until it cools, the equivalent of a glass of water.
- Turn off the heat and add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Mix well until diluted.
- To apply it you will only need the help of a swab or gauze wet in the liquid.
- Clean your nasal passages with this compound and be very careful. It will help you to dilute the mucus accumulated in the nasal cavity, cleaning it.
- This will prevent the accumulation of bacteria that can make the infection worse.
- ½ cup of water (125 ml)
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar (125 ml)
What to do
- Add half a cup of water and half a cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat and let it rest for a few seconds.
- Pour everything into a large bowl and bring your face to the bowl.
- Place a cloth behind your head to cover and receive all the steam, inhaling it deeply.
- You can repeat the process 2 or 3 times a day. These vapors will help you eliminate bacteria from the sinus canal.
Apple cider vinegar decongestant
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar (62.5 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger (2.5 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (2.5 g)
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 g)
What to do
- Bring the apple cider vinegar and the juice of half a lemon to the boil.
- Turn off the heat and add the ginger, cayenne pepper, and honey . Mix well and pour the mixture into a glass bottle.
- Take two tablespoons of the preparation a day. It will help reduce inflammation, decongest the nasal passages and fight infection.
With these natural options we can cure sinusitis in no time. Before starting any of these treatments, remember to go to an ENT or a qualified doctor who authorizes you.
You have to treat the infection quickly to avoid complications . Try these natural alternatives to get your breathing back and improve your life with apple cider vinegar.