Talking about chlorophyll leads us to think about the close relationship it has with plants, since it is a green pigment present in vegetables. Chlorophyll is responsible for successfully completing photosynthesis, so its importance is fundamental.
However, the link between people and chlorophyll is very unknown, and few know that chlorophyll has very beneficial properties for human health, as specialists have verified. If you want to know what chlorophyll is for, its benefits and how to take it , at treasurenatural.com we recommend that you continue reading this article.
Chlorophyll: what it is and properties
It is a compound that is found mainly in plants, but also in certain algae and some bacteria. Its two main functions are to provide the green color to vegetables and, above all, the one in charge, together with light, of carrying out photosynthesis. It has a structure similar to that of blood in humans, although chlorophyll contains magnesium and blood iron.
The properties to highlight of chlorophyll are the following:
- Antioxidant – High levels of vitamin A, C and E make chlorophyll a powerful antioxidant for our health.
- Anti- inflammatory: The anti-inflammatory properties of chlorophyll make it an important substance in certain treatments, such as arthritis. This acts and fights the growth of inflammation caused by certain bacteria.
- Detoxifying: if you are looking for home remedies that help oxygenate the entire body (blood and cells), you should know that chlorophyll is the perfect substance. Thus, we can say that chlorophyll improves the functioning of the organs.
- Deodorizer: It should be noted that chlorophine also fights bacteria in the mouth, favoring better breath.
What is chlorophyll for – benefits
Due to the properties it contains, chlorophyll can provide you with a multitude of health benefits.
As stated above, being an anti-inflammatory compound, chlorophyll is very effective in curbing the increase in inflammation caused by different bacteria. This substance is especially effective for the treatment of arthritis.
Detoxification of the organism
Chlorophyll helps eliminate toxins and impurities from the body thanks to the purifying qualities it contains. In addition, thanks to it, it can also improve the flow of blood through our body. That is why taking smoothies made from vegetables can be very flattering for our body.
This substance ostensibly improves digestion and facilitates the work of the intestinal flora. In other words, chlorophyll is very effective against constipation.
Chlorophyll is usually recommended for those who have problems falling asleep. This is because it is a substance with calming properties that help reduce nerves and some symptoms of anxiety naturally.
Improves oral health
It is very useful to eliminate the bacteria present in the mouth, something that we must thank to the already mentioned deodorizing properties of chlorophyll. So, if you want to achieve fresh breath in a completely natural way, chlorophyll can be a good ally.
Strengthening of the bones
Chlorophyll contributes to the growth and subsequent maintenance of bones. Containing magnesium, this substance has a direct effect on our bones.
oxygenates the blood
Chlorophyll oxygenates our blood, which means that it improves the transport of cells throughout our body. This clearly has very positive repercussions on the state of our vital organs, such as the heart.
Fight hormonal imbalances
Chlorophyll contains vitamin E that provides antioxidant properties, something that makes it a stimulus for the production of male (testosterone) and female (estrogen) hormones.
Other benefits of chlorophyll that you should take into account are the following:
- It improves physical performance because it promotes muscle toning and relaxation.
- Lowers triglycerides and cholesterol levels.
- Helps preserve and improve memory.
- Easily eradicates dandruff by applying it to the hair and rinsing afterwards.
- Being detoxifying, it facilitates the elimination of calcium oxalate stones.
- It strengthens the immune system, being a great remedy for people who have low defenses.
How to take chlorophyll
Once you know what chlorophyll is for and what its benefits are, you will be interested in knowing how to take it. The easiest way to consume this substance, and the one most recommended by nutrition experts, is through the consumption of green vegetables.
Taking this premise into account, We recommend that you consume, among other foods, lettuce, spinach, parsley, arugula, watercress, Swiss chard, celery, peppers and asparagus. In addition, you should know that the raw consumption of these products is preferable to cooked ones, as this maintains the original amounts of chlorophyll in a food. Our recommendation is that you include and vary these foods in your diet and that you mix them with fruit to consume smoothies for lunch.
On the other hand, if you are wondering how to take chlorophyll and have it take effect quickly, you should know that chlorophyll supplements can become your best allies. In herbalists and other specialized stores you will find powdered chlorophyll, wheatgrass, liquid chlorophyll or chlorophyll capsules.
Contraindications to taking chlorophyll
You already know all the benefits of chlorophyll, however, are there any contraindications?
- Stomach problems : by combating constipation, chlorophyll greatly increases bowel movements. In this way, it can cause diarrhea and even dehydration.
- Itching and irritation : this side effect can occur, especially if you use chlorophyll as a topical treatment. A bad application or an excess of this product could cause skin irritations and itching, so remember to be careful with its consumption.