Oatmeal is one of the most consumed foods worldwide, thanks to its incredible benefits, its high fiber content and its varied nutritional composition. Although it can be eaten in the form of cereal, one of the most popular ways to consume oatmeal is through the famous oatmeal water.
The properties of oatmeal water are very varied. It acts as a moisturizer for the skin, removing impurities, and can also help lose weight and achieve a flatter abdomen. On this occasion, we will explain what oatmeal water is for, how to prepare it and, likewise, we will give you tips to consume it properly. Stay with us and continue reading!
Nutritional value of oats
Oatmeal is the cereal that provides the highest amount of protein of this entire family of foods. It has a high fiber content, as well as being rich in vitamin B, B2, B3 and E. On the other hand, oats also have minerals such as:
In this way, oatmeal becomes a great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, in addition to providing the body with a large amount of energy. On the other hand, oats also have avenacosides, which are part of the anabolic steroids, known to help and strengthen muscle growth.
As for its nutritional value, each 100 g of oats provide us with the following components:
- 361 kcal
- 61.2 grams of carbohydrates
- 12.6 grams of protein
- 7.1 grams of fat
- 5.6 gr in fibers
What is oatmeal water for?
For many years, oatmeal has been one of the most consumed foods due to the large number of benefits they bring to the body. In this sense, oatmeal water has been used, above all, by those who seek to lose weight or maintain a diet. Here are some of the most important benefits of oatmeal water:
- Helps to lose weight : The low level of calories, sugar and fat in oatmeal water makes it a great ally for losing weight, especially when it is prepared correctly. Experts in the field recommend its consumption in times of anxiety.
- Helps prevent cancer : Oatmeal water does not allow toxins to accumulate in the intestines. For this reason, it reduces the risk of colon cancer. In addition, its high level of antioxidants helps prevent other types of cancer.
- Improves high blood pressure : This drink helps cleanse the blood, which is why it helps hypertensive people with their blood pressure.
- Lowers bad cholesterol : the oat mucilage drags the fats with it and does not allow them to be absorbed into the bloodstream, thus lowering cholesterol and preventing diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Controls blood sugar levels : its high carbohydrate content helps regulate glucose levels. The body will have a greater source of energy, since the pancreas will increase its activity.
On the other hand, oatmeal water has multiple uses, both aesthetically and in the human body, among them we can mention:
- It cures diseases such as diarrhea, since it is responsible for cleaning the intestines.
- Helps to eliminate facial imperfections, such as pimples, blackheads, pimples, among others.
- Oatmeal water will help to have a restful sleep and reduce stress levels, thus acting as a true relaxant.
What is oatmeal water for on the face?
Oatmeal water, in addition to benefiting the functioning of the body, also has many benefits for the skin of the face, thanks to its moisturizing properties. This drink helps to eliminate dead cells, since it has saponins, substances that allow the removal of concentrated dirt in the pores. It also reduces excess sebum and fat on the face.
Oatmeal water is also a great remedy against acne and all kinds of impurities, since it controls excess oil that can lodge on the face. On the other hand, it is responsible for regulating the pH levels in the skin and acting as an anti-inflammatory against diseases such as psoriasis, sunburn, eczema, hives, among others.
It can be applied in the form of a mask and combined with other ingredients such as yogurt, honey or eggs. After putting it on, you should wait for it to act for a few minutes to rinse it with plenty of water. In a short time, you will notice a smoother and healthier face.
What is oatmeal water for on an empty stomach?
Drinking oatmeal water on an empty stomach is highly beneficial for your health, mainly because it helps to eliminate excess body fat in the body, purify the stomach and lose extra kilos.
It should be noted that if you consume oatmeal water on an empty stomach regularly, you will feel less anxiety before each meal, bad cholesterol will be reduced and fat can be burned quickly. Likewise, the metabolic functions will be carried out correctly after consuming the food on an empty stomach. If you do this challenge for 15 days uninterrupted, you will be able to see the results!
If you are susceptible to hunger attacks, you can try consuming oatmeal water before each meal, as it will give you a feeling of fullness that will last longer and cause you to eat less than you usually do.
How to make oatmeal water
Oatmeal water to lose weight is a very easy drink to prepare, but there are doubts about what is the correct preparation. To do it, you will only need:
- 1 liter of water
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- 4 drops of vanilla essence
The most important step, before preparing the oatmeal water, is to let the flakes soak overnight. The next day, wash them twice with distilled water and discard the water. In this way, you will get rid of phytic acid, a compound in oats that is harmful to the body and causes mineral deficiencies, as well as bone loss.
Many people prepare the oatmeal water skipping this step and consume the water where they have left the flakes to soak. The truth is that the properties of the oats do not transfer to the water where they are soaked, so in addition to being harmful, their effect will be null. After washing the flakes, follow these steps to make oat water correctly:
- Put all the ingredients in your mixer or blender. If you are going to add cinnamon, you can add it last.
- Blend for two or three minutes until the ingredients are well integrated and dissolved.
- Serve the oatmeal water in a glass, add a few drops of vanilla and cinnamon. So you can take advantage of all the properties of oatmeal water to lose weight!