Within the kitchen you will find a large number of natural products that can not only help you enjoy the best recipes of the Mediterranean diet, but also have many other benefits. This is the case of lemon and olive oil, two widely used products, above all, to make hair or skin masks as well as to purify the body.
Furthermore, when these two products are used together, their properties are enhanced. But what is lemon with olive oil for? We will try to answer this question, in addition to explaining the different benefits and properties of these ingredients. Get ready to add lemon with olive oil to your beauty ritual for smooth skin and luscious hair.
Properties of olive oil with lemon
The benefits of olive oil with lemon are numerous. It is a combination that is used in both beauty and health because it is a natural and healthy remedy, useful for treating different problems.
But, what properties does olive oil with lemon have? Next, we discover the most notable benefits of these ingredients; properties that you can get due to the presence of healthy fatty acids, vitamin C and antioxidants in these products:
- Cardiovascular: the fatty acids in olive oil or monounsaturated fats are beneficial for the cardiovascular system because they help prevent cholesterol from sticking to the arteries. In addition, it facilitates the proper functioning of the circulatory system.
- Antioxidant: olive oil contains polyphenols and lignans, two great antioxidants. This means that they are very beneficial for the skin, since, for example, they are good allies to delay aging.
- Regenerative and purifying: vitamin C is necessary for the body, since it is responsible for a large part of the correct development and growth of our body. In addition, it is also very beneficial for cell and skin regeneration. This mixture is also very positive for the body and for organs such as the liver.
- Disease prevention: when talking about what lemon with olive oil is for, we cannot forget its contribution to the prevention of certain diseases. Its high content of oleic acid makes it a great ally against diseases such as cancer. Although these last benefits are not 100% scientifically proven, there are many experts who assure that the properties of these ingredients can lead to the prevention of serious diseases.
Steps to prepare lemon with olive oil
To use lemon with olive oil, the first thing you must do is prepare it correctly. To do this, you must start by compiling the necessary ingredients for crafting. You will only need:
- extra virgin olive oil
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- A small spoon of lemon zest (only added if it is going to be applied to the skin and/or hair. Never added if it is to be drunk)
The preparation is easy because you only have to add the two or three ingredients -depending on the final use-, in a container and stir or shake well. The amounts to prepare are variable, since the same amount is not used for a facial mask as for a capillary one or to purify the liver. However, the ratio must be balanced.
Once you have the mixture made, you can start using the lemon with olive oil for its different uses. Of course, it is always better that you make the preparation just when you are going to use it so that properties are not lost.
How should olive oil with lemon be taken?
To take advantage of all the properties and benefits of lemon with olive oil, it is important to take it properly. In fact, about its intake, many doubts usually arise. Is it good to drink lemon with olive oil on an empty stomach? How do you have to take olive oil with lemon to detoxify the liver? These are just some of the questions that arise and to which we are going to answer.
The first thing to say is that, in fact, it is good to take lemon with olive oil on an empty stomach. Moreover, it is indicated, since this favors the absorption of all nutrients by the body.
The recommended amount is a tablespoon, and it can be taken every day to notice all its benefits, it being advisable to wait about 15 minutes to eat breakfast.
However, this intake has some peculiarities if what you want to know is how to take this mixture to detoxify the liver. In this case, it is also convenient to eat it on an empty stomach, since this favors a greater elimination of toxins. However, it is better to wait at least 40 minutes before eating breakfast, although the ideal is to wait an hour.
How is olive oil with lemon used for skin and hair?
Olive and lemon oil for the skin is used in a different way than when the objective is to purify the liver or to benefit from its health properties. In fact, in the case of the dermis, it is better to apply it in the form of a mask, thus spreading the mixture on the face like a conventional one.
This olive oil and lemon mask can be left on the skin for about 20 minutes to work properly before removing with plenty of warm water. It is always convenient to spread it on a very clean skin.
And what about lemon with olive oil for hair? As you will see, the use is similar to that of the facial mask. Follow the same steps as above, but this time, leave the mixture on your hair for about 30 minutes. Then, you just have to rinse the hair and wash it with your usual shampoo.
With these explanations about what lemon with olive oil is for and how it should be used for skin, hair or health, we hope we have helped you learn more about these two natural products.