Fresh fruits are a source of vitamins that your body needs every day. For example, mangoes, in addition to the delicious flavor they produce when you put them in your mouth, have many vitamins that can strengthen and benefit your body.
In this article we want to show you which vitamins are in ripe or green mangoes and how they benefit your body. So, if you are interested in learning about the vitamins in this tropical fruit and knowing how it benefits you, keep reading and you will surely not hesitate to include it in your diet.
Mango vitamins and their benefits
The mango fruit has a series of nutrients that you can take advantage of to provide your body with good functioning. Among these nutrients, a series of vitamins stand out that can help you carry out all your vital functions in an adequate way and lead a healthy life. The main nutrients in mangoes include iron, calcium, sodium, copper, and fiber, as well as various vitamins. What are the vitamins in mango? Take note:
- Vitamin A
- B vitamins
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
Thanks to all these nutrients, this fruit has properties that bring us great benefits. If you are wondering what mango prevents in terms of health problems, take note of the benefits of ripe and green mango :
- Improves eye health: it can help prevent problems associated with vision and improve some of them, facilitating their treatment.
- Protects the skin: the tissues take advantage of a large part of the properties of vitamin A, including hair and nails, which remain healthy and strong thanks to it.
- Stimulates defenses: the large number of vitamins that this tropical fruit has are very good for your body, as they are powerful antioxidants that help your immune system to function properly.
- Prevents heart problems: thanks to the fact that this fruit contains vitamins, fiber and potassium, it can help us in the prevention of problems of the circulatory system, mainly of the heart.
- Regulates intestinal transit: thanks to its fiber and water content, it can help you deal with constipation.
- Mango is good for bones: mainly thanks to vitamin K, this fruit helps strengthen bones, which are one of the most important structures in the body.
- Helps lose weight: mango fruit can help you lose weight if you eat it properly.
Below we show you how mango vitamins can benefit your body, describing the main advantages that each vitamin provides.
Mango Vitamin A
Mangoes are a great source of vitamin A. This vitamin, also known as retinol if it comes from animal proteins and carotenoids if it comes from vegetable proteins (then being provitamin A), is necessary for your body on a daily basis. This protects the health of the retina, helps against the development of soft tissues and bones and teeth. This nutrient, which is a great antioxidant, also has a significant impact on the skin. These are the main benefits of vitamin A for our body:
- It strengthens the immune system thanks to the fact that it increases the production of defenses and stimulates the response of antibodies against pathogenic agents, which could cause some damage in the organism.
- This vitamin has a very important role at the cellular level, since it helps with the growth and repair of hair and nail cells, as well as teeth and bones, skin and vision. This ensures that your bones, teeth, nails and hair remain healthy and strong and grow properly, as well as promoting good eye health and preventing diseases such as blindness, glaucoma or cataracts.
- It works as an antioxidant, detoxifying our body and protecting cells.
- By protecting the skin, you will be helping to prevent problems such as herpes, psoriasis, eczema, acne or dermatitis, or to prevent outbreaks if you already suffer from these conditions.
Group B vitamins are especially important for your body, since in addition to providing energy, they provide you with many other benefits. In mangoes, vitamin B6, B9 and B12 stand out, but it also contains vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6 and B7. The main benefits of the B vitamins found in mangoes are:
- Vitamin B6 is often useful to prevent nausea and hypertension, it also helps to reduce premenstrual pain. That is why it is usually indicated in pregnant women due to the great benefits it brings during this stage.
- Helps improve digestive function. By favoring intestinal transit, producing gastric juices, better metabolizing food and favoring the secretion of bile, it causes digestion to be less burdensome and better absorption of nutrients. In addition, this group of vitamins help to deflate the intestine.
- These vitamins are especially important for the brain. By helping to improve cognition, it contributes to better functioning and preservation of the brain, as well as its neurotransmitters. In fact, these vitamins are also recommended to improve depressive states or decay.
- They help to have a better vision. In this way you can prevent cataracts, myopia or certain vision degeneration.
Mango Vitamin C
Surely you have ever heard of vitamin C, and it is one of the most well-known nutrients due to the great benefits it brings to the body. For years this vitamin has been associated with prevention and recovery from a cold, but there are many other benefits that it brings to our body. As a summary, these are the main benefits of mango vitamin C :
- Vitamin C has been related to the production of collagen, thus helping optimal skin healing, improving its firmness and preventing premature aging.
- Like vitamin A, it has antioxidant properties that protect cells, thus helping you fight free radicals in your body.
- It increases the body’s defenses, thus helping the immune system to fight diseases. For this reason, it is popularly said that it helps prevent colds, and it actually helps much more.
- It helps facilitate the absorption of other vitamins and other nutrients.
Vitamin D, known as the sunshine vitamin, also provides great benefits to our body, similar to the benefits of the vitamins described above. We can summarize that these are the main benefits of vitamin D that help us naturally produce mangoes and other foods:
- Strengthens the immune system, helping your body fight bacteria, viruses and other pathogens.
- Helps absorb other vitamins and minerals, such as phosphorus and calcium. In addition, precisely because of its role in the absorption and fixation of calcium, this is one of the mango vitamins that help strengthen bones.
- Improves the nervous system. Nerve impulses depend on a large part of this vitamin, so consuming it will help the nervous system to function better.
- Maintains blood pressure levels in an optimal state.
- Vitamin D keeps the skin hydrated and healthy, so it helps us look radiant and healthy skin, which can thus perfectly maintain the function of protecting our body.
- Helps keep your hair healthy and strong and helps prevent it from falling out.
Vitamin E in mango
Vitamin E fulfills functions similar to those of vitamin A and C. It is known as the vitamin of life and youth because it is a powerful antioxidant. These are the main benefits of vitamin E, which you can find in quantity in fruits such as mangoes.
- Helps fight infections, thanks to the fact that it increases your body’s defenses.
- Promotes healing, in the same way as vitamin C.
- Protects the membranes of the muscles, nerves and cardiovascular system. It also helps red blood cells to have a longer and healthier life.
- Vitamin E is essential, as cells interact with each other using it.
- Some organs need this vitamin to function properly, this is the case of the liver, lungs and heart, which take full advantage of the properties of vitamin E. This happens because this vitamin reduces toxins and free radicals and prevents problems related to blood pressure.
Many people do not take into account the importance of vitamin K for the body, and it is a vitamin which for many goes unnoticed but is necessary for the body to function properly. These are the benefits of vitamin K, which we can find in mangoes:
- It helps protect the heart, which is because it helps blood to clot properly, helping to prevent serious bleeding, and it can prevent the arteries and heart walls from hardening by helping to keep calcium out of them.
- It is a good vitamin for the bones. It is capable of distributing calcium in the most suitable places so that the body can use it in the most optimal way possible. Vitamin K, especially, helps to fix calcium in the bones and teeth.
- As it helps blood coagulation, as we have already mentioned, it helps wounds heal and heal faster.
Mango minerals and their benefits
Now that you know what vitamins the mango has and what it is for, let’s talk a little about the minerals that we can find in the mango fruit. This, apart from containing all these vitamins, also has a large amount of minerals, such as iron, calcium, sodium and copper, which act benefiting our body. As a summary, we highlight that the benefits of mango for health thanks to these minerals are:
- Iron provides energy, improves blood circulation and the state of the blood, as well as strengthens your immune system, increasing your defenses so that they can fight against pathogens capable of causing disease in your body.
- Calcium, as you surely know, is mainly necessary to maintain healthy and strong bones and teeth.
- Sodium is used to control body fluids and blood pressure.
- Copper is mainly responsible for maintaining healthy hair.