The homeopathic remedy Zincum metallicum is made from zinc, a metal quite widespread in nature that has numerous beneficial properties for the human body. This remedy is especially useful in case of disorders of the nervous system and chronic states of weakness.
Zinc : properties and benefits for the body
Zinc is a metal responsible for the activation of about 300 functions and enzymes, a factor that makes it a fundamental element for the proper functioning of the human body.
Zinc is widespread in nature and is also present in the human body: zinc accumulates mainly in the cells of bones, muscles, skin, skin, carotid tissues and liver, but it is also present in brain tissues and plasma (in smaller quantities).
The absorption takes place through food, there are in fact numerous those that contain this particular metal for example:
- meat (sheep, pork, beef);
- egg red;
The daily requirement of zinc, which allows proper functioning of the body, should be 10 mg for children, 15 mg for women and the elderly, 18 mg for men and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Taking zinc brings numerous health benefits, here are some of them:
- counteracts the cellular aging process and the action of free radicals;
- allows normal growth and development (stimulating GH and testosterone);
- allows better healing of wounds and ulcers;
- stimulates the immune system;
- makes the reproductive system (male and female) function properly;
- helps control hypoglycemia;
- it is a valuable ally against depression.
A zinc deficiency can, on the contrary, lead to the development of different disorders such as fatigue related to loss of appetite, alterations of the scalp, fragility of the immune system, visual disturbances, depression and more. For this reason it is important, if you do not take the right amount, to resort to the intake of food supplements.
Zincum metallicum: homeopathic remedy made from zinc
The homeopathic remedy Zincum metallicum is obtained from shredded zinc powder, which is then subjected to the normal processes of dilution and dynamization.
This remedy is indicated in case of disorders of the nervous system and chronic states of weakness. It is therefore an effective remedy in case of physical and mental stress: Zincum metallicum is of great help to invigorate the body, increase the ability to concentrate and vitality. It is traditionally used in case of:
- extreme physical and mental weakness;
- states of asthenia and neurasthenia;
- poor capacity for psychic concentration;
- exhaustion associated with nerve movements (for example, in the case of contraction of the limbs);
- neuromuscular spasms and seizures of various etiology;
- tingling of the limbs;
- mental fatigue.
Zincum metallicum in case of asthenia
Asthenia is a condition that manifests itself with a state of general weakness due to the reduction or loss of muscle strength, with easy fatigue and insufficient reaction to stimuli. In these cases the state of fatigue does not depend on work or effort made and does not disappear with rest.
There are various types of asthenia, for example the muscular one localized to the lower and / or upper limbs, the psychophysical one that derives from depressive forms, excessive stress or anxiety or even the spring asthenia given by the change of season.
Therefore, this particular disorder can have a psychic origin (it happens in 50% of cases, especially in anxious or depressed patients) or physical (it therefore depends on the presence of other pathologies).
In these cases Homeopathy is a valid help and Zincum metallicum is one of the most suitable remedies. This remedy, as well as the complex homeopathic remedies that contain it, is very useful in case of asthenia and neurasthenia as it acts to invigorate the body and mind.
Zincum metallicum: constitutional types
The constitutional types Zincum metallicum are recognizable by a constant hyperexcitability that pushes them to get up continuously, to agitate and to often have spasms. A typical feature is that they never hold their legs still (“restless legs” syndrome). Usually these patients experience mental fatigue, irritability and excitability especially in response to noise or contact.
Zincum metallicum subjects have the following clinical features:
- strong intolerance towards noises;
- dissatisfaction and complainingness;
- difficulty in understanding.
- excitation of the nervous system;
- involuntary and/or abnormal movements;
- nervous system: hiccups, tics, chorea, Parkinson’s disease, encephalitis, convulsions, epilepsy;
- skin: chronic eczema, often along the nerves;
- digestive system: intense hunger especially at 11 am, heartburn with sweets and wine, scialorrhea, intense thirst;
- respiratory system: dry cough, whooping cough;
- osteo-articular apparatus: burning of the dorsal spine.
Finally, the symptoms of this subject worsen with suppressions, with wine, with cold and after vaccinations, while they improve with all types of body secretion.