Inner restlessness up to stressful fears, panic attacks and phobias dominate the everyday life of those affected. Homeopathy, among other treatments, can help to regain inner balance.
Spider phobia, paralyzing fears about the future, unjustifiable panic and restlessness that keeps those affected from leaving the house: there are many different forms of fear and inner restlessness.
Take anxiety and anxiety seriously
Fears and restlessness are often expressed through physical symptoms such as dizziness, sweating, abdominal pain, a lump in the throat or loss of appetite. Such signs should not be taken lightly. Even before the psychological strain is very great and the fear affects life, it is important to have the symptoms clarified by a doctor or psychotherapist.
Treat fears and inner restlessness homeopathically
Inner restlessness, fears and panic attacks can be treated with complementary medicine in addition to psychotherapeutic and drug therapy approaches. The goal: to relieve inner tension.
The following calming and balancing homeopathic medicines can help with mild forms of anxiety and panic attacks:
- Aconitum napellus: Homeopaths recommend preparations with the active ingredient aconite for an apparently unfounded panic attack with very strong feelings of anxiety, increased blood pressure and tachycardia. In addition, Eisenhut is used for nervous heart problems after a drastic experience.
- Argentum nitricum: The homeopathic medicine is the remedy of choice when the anxiety is related to upcoming events such as exams or a speech to a group. Thoughts are constantly circling around the upcoming experience and the fear of failure.
- Arsenicum album: Homeopaths recommend Arsenicum album to anyone who feels persecuted and anxious, especially at night and in the dark, and who sometimes feels anxious to the point of fear of death.
- Cimicifuga racemosa: Black cohosh is used primarily for anxiety due to hormonal changes, such as before a period or during menopause.
- Cypripedium pubescens: for inner restlessness that affects sleeping through the night and when thoughts about the day do not allow those affected to rest
- Gelsemium sempervirens: against tremors, agitation, anxiety, stress and worry as a result of fright or shock. Gelsemium is also a suitable remedy for inner unrest caused by stage fright.
- Ignatia: In case of emotional imbalance and conflicting feelings, Ignatia is recommended. It can help those affected who feel the urge to laugh one moment and feel like crying the next. This remedy has also proven itself for swallowing difficulties and the feeling of having a lump in your throat.
- Pulsatilla: Anxiety about the future that suddenly overcomes sufferers can be alleviated with the pasque flower. Being alone is almost unbearable and separation situations increase these fears.
- Phosphorus: for anxiety and general restlessness, which is indicated by the inability to sit still
- Silicea: If new tasks frighten you, those affected expect failure and don’t trust themselves, you can try Silicea.
Treat phobias naturally
A special form of fear is the phobia. In the case of a phobia, the fear is directed at a trigger that can be named. This can be an object, a situation or an animal. These remedies activate the body’s self-healing powers in phobias:
- Argentum nitricum: Fear of claustrophobia and heights are treated with Argentum nitricum.
- Lachesis: Recommended for fear of physical confinement, such as in large crowds or confined spaces. Symptoms such as sweating and hot flashes are typical.
- Phosphorus: Fear refers to anything that cannot be actively controlled or influenced, such as thunderstorms or noise.
Some of the active ingredients are also used in combination as so-called complex agents. Several ingredients complement each other and increase the effect. Get advice on this from an experienced homeopath or in the pharmacy.
Please do not forget: A doctor and a psychotherapist should always be involved in homeopathic treatment of fears and inner restlessness. For such complaints, psychotherapy (e.g. behavioral therapy) and, if necessary, medicinal, conventional medicine treatment are usually indicated.